#27 Dave - the sweet boyfriend

This weekend I went out again with friends and it a new guy, Dave, came out with us. He was around 5'9" a sweet boyish face and very nice. He came in and was joining the vibrant discussion and then he was asked about his girlfriend.

Then he began describing why they broke up and I realized Dave was the guy that so many girls throw away. He is the sweet, funny and loyal boyfriend that knows who he is and what he wants to get out of life. He described that they are happy but his girlfriend feels too dependent on him and is trying to figure out who she is right now. I totally get it. But I came to another realization.

She is me and my other girlfriends who meet the Daves of the world too soon or before we realize what dicks boys of the world can be. And I felt awful for Dave because he was hurting.

I can count five other girl friends of mine describing the scenario with their long term boyfriends. Thankfully most of them were smart enough to wake up and get back together with the boys who made them happy, and many of them are on their way to getting married.

Why do we do that to ourselves? Oh well. Dave is completely off the market even though he is offiially on the market. Poor kid.

Poor everyone stuck in these situations. :-)

-- Post From My iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment