Joe the Irishman #4, Jack the Student #5
On Monday nights, my friends and I like to venture to Green Dolphin on Webster and Ashland where the Boom Boom Room takes over the night.
Once there we are greeted by the hippest Chicagoans. You have to be in order to get enough motivation to go out on a Monday night.
After a few rounds of shots and lots of vodka sodas, Joe and Jack came out of the crowd of randoms.
First was Jack. He was a very young boy who lived in the Ukranian Village. We chatted and made fun of his friends dancing around the room, but soon I got bored and wandered away. He was cute, but no connection. I feel that's the story of half the boys I meet in life.
A little while later, I began wandering the floor looking for a my friends so I could go home. Then I see Joe, in my hazy fog, lifting up his shirt and banging pronounced, but sturdy gut saying, "you wish you had a body like this."
I stared, laughed, then began to walk away. Then he grabbed my arm, and in a thick accent began the conversation. He was charming, and I kept trying to get away.
He asked for my number, and again, I was so close to walking away from it, but I remembered my 1 year 100 men experiment. Besides, I have a California area code. I figured it could discourage him.
He still hasn't called, and I'm pretty relieved. Maybe that's another sign of who I should give my number to. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment