#21 Aaron - the prototypical pilot
I was down in San Diego for a bachelorette party and I decided to head to the party a bit late and meet up with my friend Mitch who I was in the naval flight program with four years ago.
I haven't seen Mitch since I got out of the Navy in 2006, and I wasn't sure what to expect.
I was ridiculously late due to traffic, so I was glad he brought his roommate to keep him company. They are both helicopter pilots for the Navy.
I walked in and was greeted with hugs from both, though I hadn't met Aaron before. They already had been there for an hour at the $1 sake specials and they had made great friends with our cute waitress Jill.
Aaron was very good looking. Dark-skinned, ethnic with the some of the straightest and whitest teeth I've ever seen.
But within 20 minutes of sitting down, Aaron loses interest in listening to me and Mitch catch up and begins blatantly staring at the fabulous chest of a petite girl with her boyfriend at another table.
But he doest just stare, he interrupted our conversation intermittedly. From random TV shows to random inquisitions of if the woman next to us had real or fake breasts, he kept popping in with a cartoonlike manner.
On top of that, he and Mitch begged me to ask if the woman's chest was real. I relented because I'm a sucker for peer pressure. They were fake, done by an amazing surgeon in La Jolla. Dr. Pustus or somethig like that.
After that he was satisfied for a bit, but still impeded mitch and my conversation, until he spotted some girls at a bar that he wanted to talk to. Then Mitch and I could finally have a decent conversation.
But that wasn't all. After a bit, he stumbled back and asked me for a pen. Then he picked up a discarded chopsticks wrapper and wrote his number and a cheesy message on it.
"Mitch he's going to crash and burn with that," I said. I attempted to give him one of my business cards to try and give him something more to work with, but he was all about the wrapper.
Then I sent Mitch with him to the table of girls so he might have a fighting chance.
Then I got Mitch to walk me to my car, and I have no idea how it all ended.
Regardless, those are the shenanigans I witnessed for years out of some of my closest guy friends. Maybe this is a reason why I am so judgemental of men, but when you see them in this state, it's hard not to. :-)
It's a shame, I can tell he most likely is a sweet charming guy, just way too misguided.
-- Post From My iPhone
0 comments:
Post a Comment